Code Of Conduct
SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
Hip Shing Hong (Holdings) Company Limited is committed to corporate sustainability and actively seeks to work with suppliers who value and act on the principles of sustainable development. HSH and its related companies (“HSH Group”) are encouraged to make reference to the principles of this Supplier Code of Conduct. During the vendor selection processes, evaluation of a supplier who can demonstrate its commitment to uphold this Supplier Code of Conduct will be one of the major criteria for identifying a successful vendor. In case of conflict, tendering specification and contractual terms specified shall be referenced.
Suppliers should comply all applicable legal requirements, as well as environmental, ethical and social standards, in the respective jurisdictions where they operate.
• Suppliers are encouraged to have a corporate governance and sustainable procurement policy in place, and to develop their own policies and code of conduct to govern their suppliers and operations;
• Suppliers shall provide a copy of their sustainable procurement policy upon requested by HSH.
• Suppliers should operate with the highest ethical standards and should not be involved in any form of corruption, collusion, extortion, fraud, bribery, false declarations or counterfeiting;
• Suppliers shall abide by all the relevant laws and regulations of anti-bribery, anti-corruption and anti-competition.
• Suppliers should identify the environmental impact associated with their operations, and take measures to control any negative impacts. Adequate resources and regular training should be provided for their employees;
• Suppliers should try use sustainable materials as much as possible. Where-ever possible, we may require suppliers to provide relevant certification on eco-certified sources.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Suppliers should commit to provide a clean, safe and healthy workplace to all employees. Adequate measures, systems and trainings should be implemented to minimize harm to employees.
HUMAN RIGHTS AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
• Suppliers should respect the human rights and freedom of association of their employees. All employees of the suppliers should not be subjected to discrimination in hiring, compensation or discipline on the basis of gender, age, religion, race, sexual orientation, disability, disease, marital status, pregnancy or political affiliation;
• Suppliers should maintain a workplace free of sexual, psychological or verbal abuse or harassment.
• Supplier should not employ any persons under the legal working age unless they are employed via recognized apprenticeship programmes;
• Suppliers may not use any form of forced labour including prison, coerced, bonded, indentured or trafficked labour;
• Suppliers must provide their employees at least the local statutory minimum wages and benefits;
• Suppliers shall ensure the weekly working hours of their employees must not exceed the legal limit where applicable.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
• Suppliers should not disclose confidential information regarding HSH group business without prior written consent. They are required to formulate their own policies to prevent leakage of confidential information;
• Suppliers should take good care of HSH group’s assets and ensure the economical usage of resources. They should follow HSH group’s procedures and practices regarding the use of HSH’s assets and resources;
• Suppliers should protect the privacy of their employees and customers and comply with relevant laws, such as the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the HKSAR, when collecting, handling, storing or using personal data in Hong Kong.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Supplier should recognize and respect the intellectual property rights of HSH Group and other owners in respect of their trademarks, copyrights, designs and patents.
COMMUNICATION AND DISCLOSURE
• HSH Group should make sure that all Suppliers understand this Policy and ensure that it is enforced throughout the operations;
• Suppliers are encouraged to demonstrate their commitments and performance through Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting and to integrate ESG practices into their business practices.
MONITORING AND REPORTING
• Supplier-related risk factors are incorporated in HSH Group Risk Management Policy;
• HSH Internal Audit Department will conduct the Risk & Internal Control Assessment Review annually. Risk findings will be reported to Executive Board in a timely manner.
REVIEW OF POLICY
Executive Board will review this Policy periodically to ensure its adequacy and effectiveness, as appropriate.